Fremont county is home to many prisons from local and state to federal.
Fremont County Detention Center
East Canon Correctional Complex (Cañon City) containing 4 prisons:
- Arrowhead Correctional Center - 494 beds - Minimum Security
- Four Mile Correctional Center - 499 beds - Minumum Security
- Skyline Correctional Center - 249 beds - Working Camp
- Pre-Release Center - transitional center
Centennial Correctional Facility - 336 beds - High Security
Colorado State Penitentiary - 756 beds - Maximum Security
Colorado Territorial Correctional Facility - 936 beds - Medium Security
Colorado Women's Correctional Facility - 224 beds - High Security
Fremont Correctional Facility - 1661 beds - Mimimum to Maximum Security
Colorado State Penitentiary II - 948 beds - Maximum Security
Southern Peaks Treatment Center- 128 beds - Juvenile center - Minimum Security
The Florence Federal Correcstional Complted has 3 prisons totalling 2800 beds:
- Florence Federal Correctional Institution - Medium Security
- Florence United Staes Penitentiary - High Securiy
- The United Staes Penitentiary Administrative Maximum Facility - otherwise known as SUPERMAX. This facility is located at 5880 Hwy 67 in Florence. It is a 490 bed complex housing some of America's worst prisoners.
Here is a list of notable current prisoners of SUPERMAX
Here is a list of notable former prisoners of SUPERMAX
We will be adding more detail about the prisons in Fremont County in the near future. If you have information to contribute, please contact us.